- A husband insisted that his wife dress in a Klingon costume and speak to him in Klingon;
- A wife maliciously and repeatedly served her husband the food he least liked: tuna casserole;
- A wife spitefully tampered with her husband’s television antenna and, even worse, threw away his cold cuts;
- A husband usurped control of the parties’ washing machine and dismissed her revulsion of cold cuts;
- A husband failed to speak with his wife for 15 years and, instead, only communicated with her via Post-It note;
Unlike England, Florida is a no fault divorce jurisdiction. This means that parties do not need to allege a harm, such as abandonment or abuse, to be granted a divorce. Rather, all that is generally needed is a simple allegation that the marriage is irretrievably broken.
- A wife flirted with and inappropriately touched anyone in the construction business, all the while claiming that she could not help herself;
- A husband “insisted that his pet tarantula, Timmy, slept in a glass case next to the matrimonial bed,” even when his wife requested “that Timmy sleep elsewhere;”
- A husband had terrible body odor;
- A husband would not share the TV remote control;
- A husband was “obsessive in attention to detail and used to comb the fringes of the rug;”
- A spouse “is unreasonably demanding sex every night from the [other spouse], which is causing friction between the parties;”
- A 6’3″ husband was dressing up in and stretching out his (substantially smaller) wife’s clothes.
Adam B. Cordover is a family law attorney and managing shareholder of The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A. To learn more about The Law Firm of Adam B. Cordover, P.A. or to schedule a consultation, call us at 813.443.0615 or visit us online at www.abcfamilylaw.com.
Attorney Adam B. Cordover is admitted to the Florida Bar and the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida. His office is located at 412 East Madison Street, Suite 824, Tampa, FL 33602.